Development Lead at YoungCapital Headquarter in Hoofddorp
Our company is growing, and growing fast. That’s because we come up with super smart solutions that keep surprising our customers. To make us even smarter, accelerate our growth even further and make our customers even happier, we are currently looking for a Developent Lead. Working as a Development Lead at YoungCapital? That may not be your first idea, but let's tell more about us.
What we offer:
- Training possibilities to improve your skills;
- A good employment package including a favourable pension and bonus scheme, travel allowance, 25 vacation days, 6.5 ADV days (reduced working hours), 1 extra holiday and various incentive programmes;
- A job which gives you the opportunity to further develop yourself as a programmer;
- Flexible hours;
- You will have a Mac computer (iMac or Macbook) at your disposal and are free to work using the tools that you feel comfortable with;
- You will get to work in a young team which recognises the need for relaxation, such as a round of gaming, playing table tennis, foosball or even doing boot camp;
- A great working atmosphere where hard work and play go hand in hand. For example, our YoungCapital parties are legendary.
What are you going to do
YoungCapital is an employment agency but does it very differently than you might think. We recruit almost all our candidates via digital channels and offer each year more than 45,000 students, graduates and young professionals a wide range of career opportunities.
Within YoungCapital, we are an IT department of some 60 professionals that develop technological innovations on a data-driven and agile way. Autonomous multidisciplinary teams work in their own formats and in a culture with eye for personal development. We school ourselves attending conferences regularly and organize Tech Talks.
We strive for continuous improvement. For our technological direction, we are organized in Tech Guilds. We use modern technologies and frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Git, ElasticSearch, Python AWS, Google Cloud Kubernetes, Sidekiq with Redis, MySQL, Cordova, Vue, Angular.
Yes, we help find candidates a job, but also offer numerous online tooling for personal development and support throughout their careers. We do this with the latest technologies. For example, we use machine learning to automatically match candidates with the job that best suits their skills and competencies. We do this based on historical data from selections of nearly four million candidates from different countries.
- To lead and manage multiple teams of webdevelopers and software developers. Line management responsibilities will include technical recruitment, appraisals, Team Coach meetings, identifying training needs, motivating, coaching and performance managing the teams.
- Working closely together with the Product Team, Lead Architect and Head of Infra to determine and maintain the strategic direction of our products taking into account emerging and legacy technologies
- To devise a tactical plan which can be collaboratively carried out by the teams – to implement improvements to our products, processes and knowledge sharing within the teams
- To review roadmap progress and overview of the performance of all individuals in team
- To have a clear onboarding plan for inducting new members into the teams and bring them up-to-speed as quickly as possible
- To support the business development team with pre sales activities, contributing to RFPs where appropriate and assisting in large pitches to potential clients where required
YoungCapital is a kick starter of fresh talent in the business sector. We connect highly educated, young, talented people to employers, during their studies, after graduating or as young professionals. These people are the key drivers of innovation in businesses. That is why we help them conquer the labour market under several different labels: YoungCapital, StudentJob International and YoungCapital Professionals. Our over three million candidates in seven different countries make ours the biggest network of talented young people in Europe. Our clients range from small and medium-sized enterprises to multinationals and even the government. You will be working in a young company with passionate co-workers, and together you will strive to always achieve the best result! Are you curious to see what YoungCapital is all about? For more information, go to www.youngcapital.nl.
What we ask:
- Advanced level (knowledge and experience) of programming languages and methodologies;
- Experience of leading teams of developers;
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills;
- Strong Leadership, professional attitude – and leading by example;
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative, creative and value-driven, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate brilliant ideas founded on rock-solid strategic thinking.
Are you interested in this challenging job as Development Lead? Fill out an online application straight away by clicking the application button or send your CV and cover letter to Manon ten Holter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Curious to see what more we have to offer? Check out www.youngcapital.nl/werken-bij.
- Education Level
- MBO, HBO, Universiteit
- Type of Contract
- Fulltime (ervaren)
Ontvang vergelijkbare vacatures in je mailbox
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Schrijf je nu in!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.