Head of Development at YoungCapital in Hoofddorp
YoungCapital is looking for a tech leader with experience in managing teams in a highly demanding environment, who also drives our vision and contributes to pragmatic decision making. But it doesn't stop there. The Head of Development is there to formulate the technical strategy and, together with the product team, ensure its execution and deliver on a set of products that helps millions of young people all over Europe. As Head of Development, you will manage 6 product teams (around 40+ engineers) at our HQ in Hoofddorp. You are working with the tech teams to craft the roadmap, align it with business goals, and deliver it.
What are you going to do
The Head of Development is there to formulate the technical strategy and, together with the product team, ensure its execution and deliver on a set of products that helps millions of young people all over Europe. You are working with the tech teams to craft the roadmap, align it with business goals, and deliver it.
- As a Head of Development, you'll lead our engineering teams to ship high-quality software that provides clear value to our internal and external customers;
- We value diversity. The YC tech department empowers multiple points of view. You'll be responsible for the processes around hiring and onboarding new team members, as well as the capacity required to execute on the product roadmap;
- You can represent YoungCapital in public groups like conferences, meetups and other events
- You'll oversee a development process that ensures the right balance between velocity, quality and experimentation;
- You will participate in architecture and solution design for the product team, being their first sparring partner in identifying the opportunities in front of the company;
- You will be responsible for the budgets of the technical department, ensuring transparency and efficient decision-making;
- You will establish, model and communicate the engineering strategy, ensuring strong alignment within the product, engineering and management teams;
- You’ll be part of the Technical Management team, wherein you represent the engineering department and will work closely with the other managers to reach the set company goals;
- Take the lead as key decision maker and priority setter for the development team;
What we offer
- Generous education budget for conferences and learning;
- An environment of constant reflection and improvement;
- Great benefits, such as a pension and potential bonus, travel allowance, 25 vacation days, 6.5 ADV days plus 1 additional holiday day;
- A truly amazing R&D team (+/- 50 people) to work with;
- A competitive compensation;
- A yearly budget of €150,- which you can spend on sports-gear;
- You will have a Mac book pro and an Iphone;
- Room for relaxation in the form of games, ping pong, table football or go to our own gym;
- You will be a part of a surprisingly good working atmosphere, including our own YoungCapital festival, various hackathons and other events;
- An awesome and healthy lunch provided by our own chef!
What we ask:
- Minimum hbo level or equivalent ability
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing tech teams; (preferable in a SaaS organisation);
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience, preferably within software companies;
- Experience with an Agile/Scrum software environment;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- You have a positive, pragmatic mindset and you are a solution-driven person;
- Strong technical background in web development; preferably worked with Ruby/Rails and React;
- You’re confident you can create a fulfilling and productive work environment;
- You can own and drive development projects and products together with your engineers and product managers;
- Proven track record in leading complex projects and teams using agile methodologies.
Are you the perfect candidate? Click the button 'apply now' and we'll contact you as soon as possible! For more information you can call Roos Meij at 0622505933
Who are we:
YoungCapital is an employment agency but does it very differently than you might think. We recruit almost all our candidates via digital channels and offer each year many students, graduates and young professionals a wide range of career opportunities. In our Research and Development team we are working with over 60 people on a series of impressive and cool applications. Some of these applications we develop ourselves; for example all the 25 job websites that are part of YoungCapital and their databases, but also the YoungCapital app, our own ATS (Applicant Tracking System), machine learning algorithms and many many others. To make us even smarter, accelerate our growth even further and make our customers even happier, we are looking for a head of Development!
- Education Level
- HBO, Universiteit
- Working hours per week
- 36 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Fulltime (ervaren)
- Responsible for
- Responsible for our engineering teams to ship high-quality software that provides clear value to our internal and external customers
Ontvang vergelijkbare vacatures in je mailbox
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Schrijf je nu in!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.