Engineering manager at YoungCapital in Hoofddorp
Managing an inhouse team of 6-10 developers and identify and explain the technical tradeoffs between product and technology.
What are you going to do
The YC development is a team of about 70 (mostly) humans organised in 7,34 autonomous teams building products that help people work. We facilitate the entire recruitment and remuneration process: from candidates applying to a matching vacancy, to putting money in their bank accounts. We build a great amount of different applications, both for internal and external use. Our users include a 1000+ recruiters, over 6 million candidates, 10.000s customers and more. We are, for the most part, a Rails shop and maintain several dozens of Ruby on Rails codebases with some Java, Go and Node sprinkled in between well, running on Kubernetes in the Google Cloud. Oh, also loads of React. The teams are a mix of front-and-backenders (who are also part of their guilds), QA and a Product Manager. For one of the development teams we are looking for an engineering manager.
Your success will be measured by:
In a couple of months of adjusting to the team, we will brainstorm and set some expectations on team happiness, alignment and velocity.
For the first month or so, we’ll expect you to contribute more to the codebase and be more of a participant in the process so that you learn more about the team.
- Managing a team of 6-10 people as they ship product;
- Assisting the engineering talent in their careers, growing people and letting them go;
- Hiring, interviewing and debriefing developers for your team;
- Ship things with the team for 10-20% of your time;
- Together with the team of peer Engineering Managers, figure out the strategic directions that would help our team grow;
- Identify and explain the technical tradeoffs between product and technology;
- Help the team outline the technical roadmap for their products;
- Working with the Product Manager to translate product challenges into technical solutions, evaluate their feasibility and people allocation.
What we offer
- Besides a salary and an awesome job in a really cool organization, there are some important things like;
- You will have a Mac book Pro;
- A yearly budget of €150,- which you can spend on sports-gear;
- Team outings;
- Foosball, table tennis, board game days and more...
- Great benefits, such as a pension and potential bonus, travel allowance, 25 vacation days, 6.5 ADV days plus 1 additional holiday day;
What we ask:
- Minimum hbo level or equivalent ability
- At least 5 years of engineering experience, preferably with Ruby on Rails or React;
- At least two years of managing a team of at least 3 people;
- Fluently in English;
What’s the interview like?
First we’ll have a call with some people from the engineering management team, during which we’ll get to know each other a bit better. Then another, more technical, call about your (and our) challenges with helping tech people. Finally, a walk-in in our office in Hoofddorp where you get to know our teams, have lunch and chat. Excited to see you!
Interested? Awesome! Please apply. First more information? Call Roos Meij at 0622505933
We are a serious development department, located on the top floor of the YoungCapital headquarters in Hoofddorp. With some 60 developers, we develop technological innovations on a data-driven and agile way that support the YoungCapital business. And most of these applications we develop ourselves; for example, all the 30 job websites that are part of YoungCapital and their databases, but also the YoungCapital app, our own ATS (Applicant Tracking System), machine learning algorithms and many many more.
- Education Level
- HBO, Universiteit
- Working hours per week
- 36 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Fulltime (ervaren)
- Responsible for
- A team of 6-10 developers
- Published at
Ontvang vergelijkbare vacatures in je mailbox
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Deel deze vacature
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.