Engineering manager at YoungCapital in Hoofddorp
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Engineering Manager to lead one of our development teams at the Headquarters of YoungCapital in Hoofddorp. Are you a natural born leader equiped with more than five years of engineering experience, preferably with Ruby on Rails or React? Does a fast moving, young organisation with great ambitions suit you? Then you are the Engineering Manager YoungCapital is looking for!
What are you going to do:
Our YoungCapital R&D department in Hoofddorp (a city nearby Amsterdam) is looking for an Engineering Manager for one of our development teams. Every day, we work on more than 30 highly visited websites, our own e-learning platform, a range of back-office systems, mobile apps and many other applications, used by over 6 million candidates and more than 1200 employees. Yes, we help candidates with finding a job, but we also offer numerous online tools for personal development and support throughout their careers. We do this with the latest technologies. For example, we use machine learning to automatically match candidates with jobs that best suit their skills and competencies.
As an Engineering Manager, your focus is on coaching and managing the team, while identifying the technical tradeoffs between product and technology. Your success as Engineering Manager will be measured by aspects such as team happiness, alignment and velocity. We are, for the most part, a Rails shop and maintain several dozens of Ruby on Rails codebases with some Java, Go and Node sprinkled in between, running on Kubernetes in the Google Cloud, with React on the frontend. The teams in our R&D deparment are composed of a mix of front-and-backenders (who are also part of their respective guilds), a QA, a Product Manager, and an Engineering Manager, hopefully you!
- Managing a team of 6-10 people as they ship product;
- Assisting the engineering talent in their careers, growing people and letting them go;
- Hiring, interviewing and debriefing developers for your team;
- Ship things with the team for 10-20% of your time;
- Together with the team of peer Engineering Managers, figure out the strategic directions that would help our team grow;
Helping the team outline the technical roadmap for their products.
What we offer:
- Besides a nice salary and an awesome job in a really cool organization, there are some important things like;
- You will have all the gear you need to do the work;
- A yearly budget of €150,- which you can spend on sports-gear;
- Great benefits, such as a pension and potential bonus, travel allowance, 25 vacation days, 6.5 ADV days plus 1 additional holiday day;
- Our own YoungCapital festival, various team outings and hackathons;
- Foosball, table tennis, board game days and more...
What we ask:
- No minimum education required
- At least five years of engineering experience, preferably with Ruby on Rails or React;
- More than two years of experience managing a team of minimum 3 people;
- Fluency in English.
What’s the application proces like?
After getting to know a little bit more about our team during a call with our recruiter, you'll have a call with some people from the engineering management team. During these chats we’ll get to know each other a bit better. Then another, more technical, call about your (and our) challenges will follow. Finally, there is a walk-in at our office in Hoofddorp where you get to know our teams, have lunch and chat. You can find more about our interview process on our public wiki.
Interested? Awesome! Please apply here or reach out Sanne Ponjee at +31630536012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? Take a sneak peak on our R&D website: https://www.youngcapital.dev/.
- Education Level
- HBO, Universiteit
- Working hours per week
- 36 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Fulltime (ervaren)
- Responsible for
- Managing a team of 6-10 developers and identifying the technical tradeoffs between product and technology.
Ontvang vergelijkbare vacatures in je mailbox
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Schrijf je nu in!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.