Technical Subcontract Engineer Electrical & Automation (Project Based) in Vlissingen
Techniek vacature bij Damen Naval Vlissingen in Vlissingen.
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Technical Subcontract Engineer Electrical & Automation who can start on short notice on a temporary basis with a duration of one year.
As Technical Subcontract Engineer Electrical & Automation (Project Based) at Damen Naval you will contribute to and support technical activities ranging from definition, procurement, and engineering until installation of Electrical & Automation systems for new ship designs and for maintenance or refits. You will support full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications. All your activities aim to contribute to efficient production maximizing reliability quality, safety, sustainability, and efficiency of the Damen Naval portfolio.
As Technical Subcontract Engineer Electrical & Automation (Project Based) you are responsible for:
- Contributing to integration activities in complex medium value projects and supporting the Technical Subcontract Manager who is responsible for the total contracted scope.
- Contributing to the basic engineering package for standard and/or new products based on relevant information, specifications and in line with applicable rules, regulations, and Damen Naval engineering standards.
- Reviewing the detailed engineering package based on the basic engineering package.
- Identifying shortcomings and suggests improvements for the basic and/or detailed engineering package and where needed informs and advises team lead, technical lead, technical specialists and/or relevant stakeholders.
- Participating in project design reviews and during contractual milestones, tests, and trials, such as FAT, HAT and SAT as accepting party.
- Supporting in proposal evaluations, technical evaluations, and cost/price analyses.
- Contributing to evaluation and/or continuous improvement of the department's processes and to development, transfer, and retention of knowledge within the department.
Skills & experience
As Technical Subcontract Engineer Electrical & Automation (Project Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor degree in a technical study with at least three years relevant experience or Master degree in a technical study with at least one year of relevant experience.
- Broad knowledge of electrical installations and/or automation systems, preferably related to Navigation and Communication systems in ships or offshore installations.
- Experience in working on class-regulated products and in complex project environments with vendors and subcontractors.
- Good knowledge of English, both verbally and in writing and preferably also Dutch and German language skills.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
What we offer
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Technical Subcontract Engineer Electrical & Automation (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1
Deze vacature wordt aangeboden door Jobbird. Solliciteren kan eenvoudig en snel op de website van Jobbird door op de 'Solliciteer direct' knop te klikken.
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
Ontvang vergelijkbare vacatures in je mailbox
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.