Innovation Lead Cell Nutrition in Amersfoort
Overige vacature bij Nutreco in Amersfoort.
Do you have extensive cell culture media expertise and are you an innovator at heart? Do you have a strong business acumen while being an ambitious researcher? Do you want to contribute to making cellular agriculture a reality? Read further, we have the perfect role for you!
In our effort to provide sustenance to a growing population in a manner that is both safe and environmentally sound, it becomes imperative to incorporate a range of innovative protein production methods alongside traditional agriculture. Nutreco has partnered with cultivated meat and seafood enterprises to develop sustainable nutritional inputs tailored for the burgeoning field of cellular agriculture.
What the job is about:
As the Innovation Lead for Cell Nutrition, your role is instrumental in fulfilling our mission of "Feeding the Future" through advancing cell culture media solutions for cultivated meat and seafood production. You serve as a linchpin in adapting Nutreco's well-established principles and capabilities as a global leader in large-scale, cost-effective, and sustainable nutritional inputs for traditional protein farmers to the needs of the evolving cellular agriculture industry. In your capacity as a key driver for for innovation strategy and the creation of product & service value propositions for Nutreco's emerging cell feed business, you are at the forefront of pushing technical and scientific boundaries to make affordable cultivated meat and seafood a reality.
Your role involves taking on the responsibility of coordinating and providing guidance to a forthcoming, highly skilled team, consisting of scientists, cell biologists, and premix technologists; your networking skills and motivational capabilities are crucial as in the early stages, the team will be comprised mostly of indirect reports from all business units of Nutreco, with the number of direct reports growing over time alongside the business. You will also play a critical role in steering the success of our external collaborations with cultivated meat and seafood partners.
Through your provision of expert counsel and direction, you ensure the effective execution of experiments, process development for commercial scalability and crafting of customized and proprietary cell culture media solutions that precisely align with the unique needs of our new clients.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate a small team in formulating and optimizing animal-component-free cell culture media, and developing proprietary ingredients and related customer services.
- Provide expert guidance on experimental design and implementation.
- Act as a subject matter expert on cell culture media and metabolic pathways.
- Guide media preparation, process development and analysis.
- Shape the innovation strategy and identify areas for expanding research and assess value creation potential.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and independently manage projects.
- Stay updated on industry advancements, contribute to regulatory efforts and grants, and represent Nutreco at conferences and in customer acquisition.
What you need to have:
- Ph.D. In Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of industrial cell culture media development experience.
- Extensive knowledge in media preparation, optimization, and compositional analysis.
- Strong background in experimental design, cell culture for a variety of cell types and metabolic pathways.
- Background in cell culture process development, and computational modelling is a pro.
- Proven leadership, project management, and strong communication skills; collaborative and innovative mindset.
- Execution driven capability to quickly acquire new expertise and strong self-motivation.
- Solid understanding of basic business principles.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
What you get:
- A unique opportunity to fuse life sciences and animal nutrition know how to make sustainable cultivated meat a reality.
- A fulltime position, 40 hours per week.
- 30 vacation days, with the possibility to sell or purchase a limited number of days.
- Attractive salary based on skills and experience (classified in a Nutreco Hay scale)
- Bonus scheme.
- Position located either in the Netherlands (Amersfoort or Boxmeer) or in Norway (Stavanger), with hybrid working options.
- Remote working options can be discussed.
Deze vacature wordt aangeboden door Jobbird. Solliciteren kan eenvoudig en snel op de website van Jobbird door op de 'Solliciteer direct' knop te klikken.
- Middelbare school
- Fulltime (startersfunctie)
- Gepubliceerd op
Ontvang vergelijkbare vacatures in je mailbox
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Deel deze vacature
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.