Engineering Manager for Jobbird in Hoofddorp
We’re looking for a fulltime Engineering Manager in Hoofddorp to lead our Jobbird development team.
What are you going to do:
We’re Jobbird and we’re here to disrupt the job-seeking market. We have a great team, a great product, and we have the support of one of the fastest-growing (and coolest) companies in the Netherlands. We’re still missing YOU, our Engineering Manager.
As an engineering manager, you’ll be responsible for building and mentoring a multidisciplinary team with a single purpose — to help people find work.
You will be involved in hiring, interviewing, and the performance cycles, and help your team reach the next stages of their career. You’ll also make sure that the team is gelled well, is working together nicely, and is on top of things.
As part of Jobbird, you’ll collaborate with YoungCapital, Jobbird’s parent company, and help build two products: jobbird.com and uitzendbureau.nl . We’ll offer the support you need as a manager as well as help with questions on strategy, technology, and HR. We’ll also provide you with a nice company car.
- Lead a team of 8+ engineers, data scientists, QA, UX
- Set the right balance between finding opportunities for the team to learn/improve, and shipping products on time
- Set goals and directions for teams and team members, based on top-down goals & objectives and track progress against them
- Together with the product manager, set up processes for shipping great stuff
- Support the Engineering Lead in creating a technical roadmap for the team, and collaborate with the stakeholders to ensure its execution
- Hire, interview, and grow the people in the team
What we offer:
- Besides a salary and an awesome job at YoungCapital's, there are some important things like
- Each year, there is a budget for your education and development
- Great benefits, such as a pension plan, travel allowance, 25 vacation days, 6.5 ADV days plus 1 additional holiday off
- You will have a Macbook pro
- You will be a part of a fun working atmosphere, with events like our own YoungCapital festival
What we ask:
- Minimum hbo level or equivalent ability
- Two or more years experience managing engineering teams
- Attention to detail in planning and organization
- Passionate about fostering good engineering practices and processes
- Worked previously with a distributed team
- Driver’s license and the ability to work 2 days a week from our HQ in Hoofddorp or Boxmeer
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch
- Experience with languages such as PHP, Ruby, Bash
- Knowledge of fundamental infrastructure and code principles
- Experience in setting and aligning on goals/OKRs (yearly and quarterly)
Are you the perfect candidate for this vacancy and do you meet the requirements? Then click on the button 'Apply directly' and we will contact you as soon as possible!
YoungCapital is a kick starter of fresh talent in the business sector. As a business, we connect highly educated, young, talented people to employers, during their studies, after graduating or as young professionals. These people are the key drivers of innovation in businesses. That is why we help them conquer the labour market under several different labels: YoungCapital, StudentJob International and YoungCapital Professionals. Our network of over six million candidates in eight different countries makes the biggest agency of talented young people in Europe. Our clients range from small and medium-sized enterprises to multinationals and even the government. Curious to see what more we have to offer? Check out https://www.youngcapital.dev.
- Education Level
- HBO, Universiteit
- Hoofddorp, Boxmeer
- Working hours per week
- 32 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Fulltime (ervaren)
- Responsible for
- Building and mentoring a multidisciplinary development team
- Published at
Ontvang vergelijkbare vacatures in je mailbox
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Deel deze vacature
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.