Data Engineer at YoungCapital in Hoofddorp
As a Data Engineer at YoungCapital in Hoofddorp you will work with Google Cloud Platform, building data pipeline and develop ETL processes.
What are you going to do:
YoungCapital is looking for a Data Engineer to join our data team at our Headquarters in Hoofddorp. Are you a creative, empathetic and open-minded person who likes to solve problems and be helpful? Then you might be the person we are looking for.
Position in the organisation
The Senior Data Engineer is positioned in the data engineering team within the IT Department and will report to the head of IT. Although the team is very collaborative and cooperative, we are looking for someone who is able to work independently.
Your main responisbilities are:
- Build data pipelines for the platform;
- Analyzing the performance of the pipeline;
- Thinking about efficiency and how to get results faster;
- Write quality code for production;
- Design, build and operate ETL pipeline at scale;
- Automation of processes related to data products and machine learning products;
- Process large and complex raw data that meets business needs;
- Build workflows required for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources into Google BigQuery;
- Work with BI team to create reports that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into key business performance metrics;
- Turn models into data products, collaborate with other teams, and integrate into process throughout YoungCapital.
- ETL: Apache Airflow
- Container: Docker/Kubernetes/AppEngine
- Database: BigQuery/MySQL/
- Distributed Processing: Apache Beam (Python SDK)
- Cloud: Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery / Google Dataflow/Cloud Composer/ML Engine/, etc.)
What we offer:
- Besides a salary and an awesome job in a really cool organization, there are some important things like;
- Each year, there is a budget available for your education and development;
- Great benefits, such as a pension and potential bonus, travel allowance, 25 vacation days, 6.5 ADV days plus 1 additional holiday day;
- A yearly budget of €150,- which you can spend on sports-gear;
- You will have a Mac book pro, Windows laptop or Chromebook;
- Rooms for relaxation in the form of games, ping pong, table football or go to our own gym;
- You will be a part of a surprisingly good working atmosphere, including our own YoungCapital festival, various hackathons and other events;
- An awesome and healthy lunch!
What we ask:
- At least finished hbo degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or a related technical field;
- You have a bachelor degree, for example in Computer Science or Artificial Intelligence;
- At least 5 years of professional data engineering experience, including SQL and manipulating large raw data for analysis;
- You have excellent knowledge of Python;
- You have knowledge of database systems (SQL/NoSQL);
- You have experience with large data sets and pre-processing raw data;
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines and architectures;
- Build processes supporting data extraction, transformation and loading to big data system;
- You also have experience working with infrastructure-as-code, cloud-native;
- You are always looking to improve yourself. You enjoy exploring and experimenting with new technologies and translating them to ideas or solutions for your team or business.
Are you interested in this position? Then click on the “Apply Now!” button.
Young Capital brings the best young talent in contact with companies. Therefore, we help young people to gain their place in the labor market. We do this with around 1300 employees through the labels YoungCapital, YoungCapital International and YoungCapital Professionals. With more than four million talents in eight countries, we have the greatest talent network in Europe. Are you curious about what YoungCapital stands for? Have a look at www.youngcapital.nl/over-yc/werken-bij to find out more.
- Education Level
- HBO, Universiteit
- Working hours per week
- 36 - 40
- Type of Contract
- Fulltime (ervaren)
- Responsible for
- Handling big data from different data sources leveraging Google Cloud Platform, building data pipeline and develop ETL processes.
Ontvang vergelijkbare vacatures in je mailbox
Vul in waar je vergelijkbare vacatures zoekt en vergeet je e-mailadres niet!
Schrijf je nu in!
Wil jij op de hoogte gehouden worden van nieuwe interessante vacatures en altijd binnen 1 muisklik kunnen solliciteren? Schrijf je in als werkzoekende!DIRECT INSCHRIJVEN
We heten wel YoungCapital, maar iedereen is even welkom. Ook als je al wat meer ervaring hebt. Meer weten? Check onze FAQ.